Pour télécharger l’annonce,
DEPARTMENT: Media (Europe)
REPORTS TO: COO (Ben Lister) with weekly interaction with CEO (Gregg Bywalski)
BASED: Paris, France
WHO WE ARE
XTreme Video Multi-Platform Network includes 500 Creators, 200M Monthly Views and 50M Social Reach. We
produce original 4K and VR content and we bring the best films and series to worldwide audiences across
multi-platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Vimeo, iTunes, Amazon Instant Video and many
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate is an experienced and self-motivated sales executive with an outstanding recent track
record in working with brands, TV companies and VOD platforms internationally.
A key attribute is the ability to take a strategic view of the action sports media business and the business
opportunities for XTreme, with a clear commercial focus in all developed European and APAC markets.
This person is an expert dealmaker who can drive sales directly in France and other key markets for XTreme,
working closely with colleagues domestically, internationally and in the USA. The position requires the ability to
work cross-culturally, adapt to local market conditions and build on an extensive set of existing relationships
with brands, agencies, TV and video platforms and partners.
Minimum 5 years proven experience as a sales executive for major international program distributors or
creative businesses. Ideally you will have an extensive set of contacts in brands, agencies, TV and VOD
XTreme Video is currently looking for a Commercial Director – Media to be based in the Paris HQ.
The core responsibility is to maximize revenues from the sale of content solutions for brands (50%) alongside
the distribution of XTreme Video’s library of programming to TV and VOD partners (50%).
The primary focus is to drive the growth of the XTreme Video business by collaborating with and motivating
brands, their media and creative agencies and TV and VOD platforms to purchase content solutions from
Alongside this, the Commercial Director shall be expected to be a vocal contributor to Xtreme’s Original
Programming strategy, gathering the requirements and feedback from the market in the process. Having a
clear role in the Financial Budgeting for the Media team is also crucial.
• Direct responsibility for worldwide distribution of long form and short form programming rights across
all mediums. Direct accountability for achieving quarterly and annual sales budgets and KPI’s,
including growth in international Original Production sales.
• Perform monthly and quarterly sales reporting and forecasting with weekly updates to senior
• Manage the negotiation and closing of deals with broadcasters and digital platforms; provide
collaborative guidance on any wider team negotiations.
• Broker and building new commercial opportunities: primarily on behalf of the media business in
• Drive business development for distribution, creative services, sponsorship and branded content
• Seeking out, validate and establish new ventures, verticals and commercial partnerships, ensuring
validity, planning of resources and ROI are signed off in advance by the COO and senior management
team at XTreme.
• Ensure relevant team members have knowledge of commercial terms paid in territory markets across
a wide range of services and programming.
• Ensure XTreme Video is achieving the best commercial terms for its programming based on known
averages in the market.
• Serve to establish and enhance existing relationships with clients for XTreme Video’s benefit and
follow up with clients on requests and coordinate solutions to contract/distribution issues.
• Work closely with Sales Support staff, Business Affairs, Finance, Distribution and Marketing in
conceiving, developing and implementing product packaging strategies (B2B and B2C).
• Provide information, feedback and guidance for Original Programming development team to utilise in
production strategies and planning.
• Utilize research effectively and respond to changing trends and opportunities in today’s media market
• Travel and willingness to attend industry functions and markets when required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Established network of international contacts in brand marketing, media and creative agency
businesses (5 years experience minimum).
• Experience in engaging and selling native / influencer campaigns to brands and agencies.
• Strong commercial knowledge of online video platforms including; YouTube, Facebook, Twitter,
Snapchat, Instagram, Dailymotion, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu et al.
• Working knowledge of managing content distribution across multi-platform internationally; TV,
Digital, and Ancillary. Ability to handle high volume / value sales
• Experience in content production; TV, Film, and/or branded content is a bonus
• Established network of international contacts in TV Broadcast, digital distribution, content publishing
and ancillary licensing.
• Must have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel) and Mac OS. Competent in
PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with fluency in French and English
• Strong time management, planning and organizational skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks
and meet deadlines.
• Experience within the outdoor and extreme sports programming sector is a bonus although not
• Must be an effective presenter and communicator.
• Must be willing and able to travel internationally when required to do so
• Must be well known in the industry and a thought leader for branded content and video distribution
• Must be a confident individual who is a quick learner and self-starter
• Must demonstrate calmness and composure under pressure
• Excellent ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel and management
• Must promote communication across the business, engage others, articulate reasons for decisions,
and be open to the opinions of others
• Must be detail oriented
• Must be a team player; must be able to adapt and collaborate in a team environment
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must quickly learn XTreme Video’s catalogue of programming and stay abreast of projects in
APPLICATIONS (COVER LETTER & C.V) TO
BEN LISTER ([email protected])